Agents Online
  • Dot Guests: 1
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Transmissions
VGhost - I'm so glad this site is still here. Feels like a moonlit walk through a childhood playground.
Brou - I mean this, oops  http://bit.ly/1NRaAjN
Brou - This thing happened:  http://www.cohtitan.com/for... um/index.php/board,190.0.html
Brou - I guess we can get together and yell pewpewpew at eachother again.
Dancing Rose - *Flicks on and off the lights, as if strobe lights, dances, then leaves*
Zatmenije - ALL THE FEEEEEEELS
Zatmenije - I swung by to look for the old MT thread and found a PM from Rio from last year and oh god the feels
Brou - *polishes handrails*
Defiant - Ah, the good ole days. Missed you guys...
ransim - <_<

Search

* Site Hosting Bank

F.A.Q.
S.C.O.R.P.I.O. : Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Have a question? Unsure of something? Make sure you check out the FAQ here to make sure your issue has not been previously answered before you send a email to your division Captain. This list will also be constantly updated and changed as needed so always refer to it first!

Questions:
- I'm interested in joining, what should I do? What is this SuperGroup all about?
- Well I have tons of questions before I decide, I'm not really sure if my character fits or if my idea will be ok! What should I do?
- I have a issue/problem and I need an answer right now from my Captain or the Director! Why aren't they on? Why aren't they dropping everything to help me? Why shouldn't I be constantly bugging them?
- Is there a limit to how many Alts I can have in S.C.O.R.P.I.O.?
- I don't want to play a militant/hardass/mean character, do I need to be any of these things to join?
- I'm completely new to Role playing and I feel intimidated! I don't think my characters are going to be liked or I'm having trouble understanding how things work!
- Help! How do I get involved with the group?
- What are the rules regarding the base? I noticed I have editing privileges. Does this mean I can make changes?
- What are the rules regarding earning prestige? Are you going to boot me if I don't?
- Someone on ScorpOOC is asking for an invite to the group and there are no captains on, what should I do?
- Ok I've been accepted to the group and I've gotten my invite, what now?

1. I'm interested in joining, what should I do? What is this SuperGroup all about?

First of all, thank you for your interest in our 'SuperGroup' and online community.

Our goal here is a simple one, we mean to create a themed game experience and home for RP'ed characters. Two distinct divisions (Special Ops + Covert Ops) containing specialized Units for use in handling very distinct threats, banding together as a collective for their mutual advantage. Similar in their themes to SHIELD, PSI-Corps and The Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense.

There is no pressure. Everyone plays at their leisure, determining their own level of involvement. It's all in the name of fun and good RolePlay.

Check out the pages for each individual Division. You'll want to decide which group your character fits best into. Remember, the main difference is simply in roleplay. There are no rank differences.

Spec-Ops Division
     Psi-Ops Unit
     Para-Ops Unit  (Psi-Ops + Arcane-Ops SubUnits)
     Special Agents Unit
Covert-Ops Division

Once you've decided on a Division (and Unit) head over to the Information Desk and fill out the S.C.O.R.P.I.O. Application.

2. Well I have some questions before I decide, I'm not really sure if my character fits or if my idea will work! What should I do?

Post a thread to the General Discussion forum and ask other people for some help or an opinion. Everyone is here to help. I promise we won't bite (at least most of us won't  ^_^ ).

3. I have a issue/problem and I need an answer right now from my Captain or the Directors! Why aren't they on? Why aren't they dropping everything to help me? Why shouldn't I be constantly bugging them?

The SG leadership enjoys playing the game as much as everyone else, maybe even moreso at times. While we're all very dedicated to S.C.O.R.P.I.O. and the members we're also unfortunately just normal humans and not superhuman or robots (much to our chagrin). When we become overly inundated with tells/requests for help/questions and other miscellaneous items while we're in game it takes away from our time to play and run events for the group.

Generally speaking there is almost always a Captain or the Director on the forums, and most items get a response within a few hours (sometimes faster). You also have other members as a resource and sometimes they can be more helpful then the captains can be.

It is also easier for the Captains and the Directors to respond to questions here and more then likely someone else might have the same question and receive the answer at the same time, which saves us time and repeated effort.

So help us to help you by doing the following when you have a question:
1. Ask in the ScorpioOOC channel first - Another member might know and could very likely give you the answer right away without a wait.
2. Post a question on the forums
3. Send a private email to the captain or the director on the website. You can do this by in your email area.

Officer Email Links:
Cherry 9 - Deputy Director, Spec-Ops, Psi-Ops Unit
Dancing Rose - Spec-Ops
Agrojagg - Special Agents Unit
Mcscrewgunn - Covert Operations

4. Is there a limit to how many Alts (additional characters) I can have in S.C.O.R.P.I.O.?

Yes, for now each member is limited to no more than 4 characters within the SG. We request that if you have more then onecharacter you try to not have more then one character in any specificdivision. We want everyone to experience all of the divisions.

5. I don't want to play a militant/hardass/mean character, do I need to be any of these things to join?

No, your character does not need to be any of those things to join. The requirements for each group are different, and only Spec-Ops specifically requires characters who are absolutely top notch. Even so you don't have to be any of those things to be in Spec-Ops. Your character just needs to be very good at what they do and have prior related experience.

6. I'm completely new to 'roleplaying' and I feel a bit intimidated! I don't think my characters are going to be liked or I'm having trouble understanding how things work! Help!

Ask for advice, plenty of us are seasoned roleplayers, and we're happy to help, give critiques and otherwise help people get into it. Really the best thing to do is to often jump in feet first and see where it takes you.

Roleplaying Information & Guides
Intro to Roleplaying Etiquette 101
How to Role Play Online
Roleplaying Guide
Juspera's Good Ole Roleplaying Guide

7. How do I get involved with the group?

Logon, keep an eye on SG chat, and the ScorpOOC channel, join up on teams when you can and don't be afraid to ask if anyone is doing anything.  Start up a group activity yourself if you like. If you want to see what events we have planned checkout the Scorpio Events Forum.

Also make sure you've activated the ScorpOOC channel on your non-scorpio characters so you know when things are going on.

8. What are the rules regarding the base? I noticed I have editing privileges. Does this mean I can make changes?

No, it does not mean you can make changes.  Wink

Because of how base editing is handled, you may occasionally notice you have rights to make changes to the base, however this does not mean you should. Everyone is on an honor system in regard to the base, and we ask that you not make any changes or edits without asking first on the forums and receiving an approval from Cyphre or Cherry.

A lot of time and effort has gone into the base and for that reason it is generally best to leave the base editing to the people who are assigned that responsibility.

9. What are the rules regarding earning prestige? Are you going to boot me if I don't?

Prestige allows us to make the base more functional and to add cool new features for everyone. It also allows us to keep the base functioning. However no one here is going to kick you for not earning prestige.

Generally speaking, prior to level 32 you should stay in SG Mode, there is no reason not to be in SG mode because there is no influence impact. However after 32 there is a minor influence impact and you shouldn't feel pressured to stay in SG Mode. It is entirely up to you.

10. Someone on ScorpOOC is asking for an invite to the group and there are no captains on. What should I do?

Everyone in the Supergroup who is at a rank higher than 'Operative' is able to send invites into the group. If someone asks for an invite on ScorpOOC check with them to make sure they put an application in and were approved. If they say they were you can invite them with "/sgi Character Name".

After they join let them know they will need to wait for a Captain to increase their rank above Operative.

11. Ok I've been accepted to the group and I've gotten my invite, what now?

You'll want to post your Intel Report to your division's report area and start working on your Recruitment Story.

Intel Report -
Filled out with as much information on yourcharacter as possible. This report can be a work in progress, butplease be advised that S.C.O.R.P.I.O. would know just about everythingin regards to your character (within reason). Your information isn'tgoing to be classified or confidential from Jack Slayton and probablynot from your Captain. The main purposes of these reports is to help usknow who you are and whenwe're developing group events.

Recruitment Files -
All S.C.O.R.P.I.O. members are typically personally recruited by either the directors Jack Slayton or Cherry 9 (Rikki Jericho), or by the Captain of the division to which they have joined. The recruitment story has replaced an in-game interview as the Captains and the Directors often don't have time to do. The recruitment file also gives people other than the captain an introduction to your character.

Examples:
Agent Mackenzie
Cherry 9
Celtic Arrow
Colonel Hero
The Cyphre
Jack Slayton
Vladimir Kalashnikov

SimplePortal 2.3 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal